History

Snyder Village began with an estate gift from Metamora resident, Bertha Snyder. Mrs. Snyder’s gift provided the seed money that laid the foundation for the opening of Snyder Village in 1988. Snyder Village is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt organization which is governed by a local, volunteer board of directors. Our care for residents exceeds simply maintaining health and dignity. At Snyder Village, we thrive on a philosophy of making sure our residents are at home “in their home.” This attitude is cultivated by management and expressed by caregivers and staff at all levels. Our mission is to provide for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of others requiring our assistance in a loving, dignified and Christian atmosphere.

Through the years, Snyder Village and its staff have received many recognitions and awards for being an exceptional facility and working diligently to meet the needs of each resident.

bertha snyder
Bertha Snyder 1880 – 1982