Snyder Village is implementing a number of safety measures to help protect our residents and employees. These include, but are not limited to:
- A dedicated team of employees are serving as a “COVID-19 task force” who spend time every day monitoring the latest guidance released from local, state, and federal authorities and applying it to our campus. An action response plan has also been developed and established.
- Visitor Restrictions: No visitors are allowed in the Health Center and Assisted Living until further notice. The only exception is for end-of-life care. Visitors to the Health Center for end-of-life care will be screened before entering and will be required to wear a mask while in the building. Their visit will be restricted to their resident’s room. Visitors restrictions to the Retirement Community independent living apartments have now been lifted.
- Additional training, information, support, and resources are being provided to employees.
- Employees are directed to stay home if they feel sick. All employees are screened before each shift and midway through the shift.
- All group activities and normal communal dining are canceled for Health Center and Assisted Living residents. Social distancing is being enforced throughout our campus.
- Residents are limited from leaving our Health Center and Assisted Living facilities except for medical appointments. All other appointments are being postponed.
- Regular updates are being provided to our employees and involved parties.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting is occurring inside all facilities.
If a resident begins displaying symptoms, he/she will immediately be placed in isolation. Snyder Village will ensure that the resident’s physician is notified and will act according to the physician’s further instruction.
If an employee begins displaying symptoms while at home, the employee is instructed to stay home, notify Snyder Village, and contact their doctor for further instruction.
If an employee begins displaying symptoms while on shift, the employee is instructed to immediately notify their supervisor. If symptoms are true to COVID-19, the employee will be sent home immediately to self-quarantine and is instructed to contact their physician for further instruction.
If there is a positive COVID-19 diagnosis at Snyder Village, residents/designated emergency contacts will be notified by management with any additional details that may be available. Anyone who may have been in close contact with the diagnosed individual will be notified and placed in isolation if necessary.
We will continue to act in full compliance with the CDC, local and state health authorities, as well as the best interest of the person. We will follow CDC guidance for confirmed cases in healthcare settings, which includes steps to minimizing exposure.
Snyder Village is taking appointments for family members and residents to connect via phone call, Facetime call, Google Duo call, or visits using our plexiglass “Chat Box”. Appointments can be made by calling (309) 367-4300 ext. 100 during business hours.
Emails can be sent to residents via our website here.
Photos and messages are being posted on Snyder Village’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/snydervillage.
Snyder Village’s top priority has always been the health and safety of residents and employees, and that is especially true during this time. The Snyder Village staff has been doing a great job in helping to keep our residents safe.
Guidelines for Personal Safety:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible.
- Wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth when around others.
Guidelines for Snyder Village Community Safety:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Restricting visitor access to end-of-life situations
- Enforcing social distancing
- Requiring the use of face masks
- Performing health screenings on all employees and any permitted visitors
- Encouraging virtual/phone connection to help combat social isolation
Although this is examined on a case-by-case basis, most residents are allowed to leave their rooms while practicing precautions. Residents are being educated on social distancing and health guidelines established by the CDC and local health officials.
Following directives issued by the CDC, any resident displaying symptoms of a respiratory infection or suspected COVID-19 will be isolated to a room for the protection of others in the community.
Yes, however Snyder Village is evaluating and accepting move-ins on a case-by-case basis. If an individual is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, they will not be admitted to Snyder Village at this time.
Following the visitor restriction guidelines, tours of our campus and facilities may be restricted at this time. Retirement Community tours are proceeding as usual. Information and pictures of our community can be found on our website at www.snydervillage.com. Any questions may be answered by calling (309) 367-4300.
If you are a resident, employee, or POA/responsible party for a Health Center, Assisted Living, or apartment resident, Snyder Village will contact you via phone with any important updates.
Snyder Village’s Facebook page will also be updated with any public updates and can be found at www.facebook.com/snydervillage.
If you have any questions, call (309) 367-4300 during business hours. If you must speak to someone after hours, you may call Keith Swartzentruber, Executive Director, on his cell at (309) 360-3101.