Snyder Village is implementing a number of safety measures to help protect our residents and employees. These include, but are not limited to:
- A dedicated team of employees are serving as a “COVID-19 task force” who monitor the latest guidance released from local, state, and federal authorities and are applying it to our campus. An action response plan has been developed and implemented.
- Visitors to the Health Center and Assisted Living must follow IDPH guidelines to ensure a safe visit. All visitors will be screened prior to visiting and will be required to wear a mask while in the building. All Health Center and Assisted Living visits must be scheduled. There are currently no visitor restrictions in the Retirement Community.
- Additional training, information, support, and resources are being provided to employees.
- Employees are directed to stay home if they feel sick. All employees are screened for coronavirus symptoms before each shift and midway through the shift.
- All group activities and normal communal dining are canceled for Health Center and Assisted Living residents. Social distancing is being enforced throughout our campus.
- Residents are limited from leaving our Health Center and Assisted Living facilities except for medical appointments. All other appointments are being postponed.
- Residents and employees regularly wear face masks and additional PPE is worn by direct-care employees.
- Regular updates are being provided to our employees and involved parties.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting is occurring inside all facilities.
- Vaccine distribution has begun across campus.
Changes to the allowed visitation in the Health Center and Assisted Living happen rapidly and frequently. For the most up-to-date information on what type of visiting is allowed for your resident, please call the Health Center at (309) 367-4300 ext. 100 or Assisted Living at (309) 367-4300 ext. 203. Please be assured that we are striving to allow as many visits as possible while remaining in compliance with IDPH regulations.
The types of visits that are allowed are dependent on IDPH guidelines, community positivity rate, and facility positivity status. If in-person visits are currently allowed with your resident, please make note that all IDPH guidelines must be followed to ensure a safe visit. All visits must be scheduled in advance, and all guests will be screened by phone 24 hours before their scheduled visit and upon arriving for the visit. Visits are limited to two persons at a time, age 16 and over, and the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required. Snyder Village has the right to end the visit if the guidelines are not adhered to. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this.
Visits with residents must be scheduled. To schedule a visit with a Health Center resident, please call (309) 367-4300 ext. 100 during normal business hours. To schedule a visit with an Assisted Living resident, please call (309) 367-4300 ext. 203 during normal business hours.
If a resident begins displaying symptoms, he/she will immediately be placed in isolation. Snyder Village will ensure that the resident’s physician is notified and will act according to the physician’s further instruction.
If an employee begins displaying symptoms while at home, the employee is instructed to stay home, notify Snyder Village, and contact their doctor for further instruction.
If an employee begins displaying symptoms while on shift, the employee is instructed to immediately notify their supervisor. If symptoms are true to COVID-19, the employee will be sent home immediately to self-quarantine and is instructed to contact their physician for further instruction.
Snyder Village’s top priority has always been the health and safety of residents and employees, and that is especially true during this time. The Snyder Village staff has been doing a great job in helping to keep our residents safe.
Guidelines for Personal Safety:
- Receive a COVID-19 vaccine when able.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible.
- Wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth when around others.
- Encouraging and/or facilitating the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine for staff and residents
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Enforcing social distancing
- Requiring the use of face masks for all staff, with direct-care staff using additional PPE
- Performing health screenings on all employees and any permitted visitors
- Encouraging virtual/phone connection to help combat social isolation
Although this is examined on a case-by-case basis, most residents are allowed to leave their rooms while practicing precautions. Residents are being educated on social distancing and health guidelines established by the CDC and local health officials.
Following directives issued by the CDC, any resident displaying symptoms of a respiratory infection or suspected COVID-19 will be isolated to a room for the protection of others in the community.
Move-ins to the Retirement Community are proceeding as normal. Admissions to Assisted Living and the Health Center are evaluated and accepted on a case-by-case basis. For questions, please contact Kim Linehan, Admissions Liaison, at (309) 366-4132.
Following the visitor restriction guidelines, tours of our campus and facilities may be restricted at this time. Retirement Community tours are proceeding as usual. Information and pictures of our community can be found on our website at www.snydervillage.com. Any questions may be answered by calling (309) 367-4300.