Snyder Village is implementing a number of safety measures to help protect our residents and employees. These include, but are not limited to:
- A dedicated team of employees are serving as a “COVID-19 task force” who monitor the latest guidance released from local, state, and federal authorities and are applying it to our campus. An action response plan has been developed and implemented.
- Visitors to the Health Center and Assisted Living must follow IDPH guidelines to ensure a safe visit. All visitors will be screened prior to visiting and are required to wear a mask while in the building.
- Additional training, information, support, and resources are being provided to employees.
- Employees are directed to stay home if they feel sick. All employees are screened for coronavirus symptoms before each shift.
- Social distancing is being enforced throughout our campus.
- Residents and employees regularly wear face masks and additional PPE is worn by direct-care employees.
- Regular updates are being provided to our employees and involved parties.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting is occurring inside all facilities.
- Vaccine distribution has begun across campus.
Changes to the allowed visitation in the Health Center and Assisted Living can happen rapidly and frequently. For the most up-to-date information on what type of visiting is allowed for your resident, please call the Health Center at (309) 367-4300 ext. 100 or Assisted Living at (309) 367-4300 ext. 203. Please be assured that we are striving to allow as many visits as possible while remaining in compliance with IDPH regulations.
The types of visits that are allowed are dependent on IDPH guidelines, community positivity rate, and facility positivity status. Snyder Village has the right to end the visit if the guidelines are not adhered to. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this.
If a resident begins displaying symptoms, he/she will immediately be placed in isolation. Snyder Village will ensure that the resident’s physician is notified and will act according to the physician’s further instruction.
If an employee begins displaying symptoms while at home, the employee is instructed to stay home, notify Snyder Village, and contact their doctor for further instruction.
If an employee begins displaying symptoms while on shift, the employee is instructed to immediately notify their supervisor. If symptoms are true to COVID-19, the employee will be sent home immediately to self-quarantine and is instructed to contact their physician for further instruction.
If there is a positive COVID-19 diagnosis at Snyder Village, residents/designated emergency contacts will be notified by management with any additional details that may be available. If a resident tests positive, he/she will immediately be placed in isolation. If an employee tests positive, he/she will immediately be required to isolate in his/her home. Anyone who may have been in close contact with the diagnosed individual will be notified and placed in isolation if necessary. We will continue to act in full compliance with the CDC, local and state health authorities, as well as the best interest of the individual. We will follow CDC guidance for confirmed cases in healthcare settings, which includes steps to minimizing exposure.
Based on guidance from IDPH, the Snyder Village Health Center and Assisted Living will periodically administer testing for employees and residents. A non-invasive test will be used and administered by our own nursing staff. This testing is a proactive approach to help protect our vulnerable population and will identify the presence of COVID-19 early so we can isolate any positive cases before widespread transmission can take place. If you are a POA or guardian of a resident, you will be notified before any testing takes place and if any positive results are produced.
Visiting options vary per facility. For the latest information on visiting, click here. To schedule a phone call or video chat with a Health Center resident, please call (309) 367-4300 ext. 180 during business hours. To schedule a phone call or video chat with an Assisted Living resident, call (309) 367-4300 ext. 203 during business hours. Appointments can be scheduled up to four weeks in advance. Emails can be sent to residents via our website here. Letters and packages for Health Center residents can be mailed to 1200 E. Partridge St., Metamora, IL, 61548. Letters and packages for Assisted Living residents can be mailed to 1115 Harbers Lane, Metamora, IL, 61548. Photos of residents and activities are being posted on Snyder Village’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/snydervillage.
Snyder Village’s top priority has always been the health and safety of residents and employees, and that is especially true during this time. The Snyder Village staff has been doing a great job in helping to keep our residents safe.
Guidelines for Personal Safety:
- Receive a COVID-19 vaccine when able.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible.
- Wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth when around others.
Guidelines for Snyder Village Community Safety:
- Encouraging and/or facilitating the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine for staff and residents
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Enforcing social distancing
- Requiring the use of face masks for all staff, with direct-care staff using additional PPE
- Performing health screenings on all employees and any permitted visitors
- Encouraging virtual/phone connection to help combat social isolation
Although this is examined on a case-by-case basis, most residents are allowed to leave their rooms while practicing precautions. Residents are being educated on social distancing and health guidelines established by the CDC and local health officials.
Following directives issued by the CDC, any resident displaying symptoms of a respiratory infection or suspected COVID-19 will be isolated to a room for the protection of others in the community.
Move-ins to the Retirement Community and Assisted Living are proceeding as normal. Admissions to the Health Center are evaluated and accepted on a case-by-case basis. For questions, please contact Kim Linehan, Admissions Liaison, at (309) 366-4132.
Tours are proceeding as usual. Information and pictures of our community can be found on our website at www.snydervillage.com. Any questions may be answered by calling (309) 367-4300.
If you are a resident, employee, or POA/responsible party for a Health Center, Assisted Living, or apartment resident, Snyder Village will contact you via phone with any important updates.
Click here to read our public updates.
Snyder Village’s Facebook page will also be updated with photos and information and can be found at www.facebook.com/snydervillage. If you have any questions, call (309) 367-4300 ext. 100 during business hours. If you must speak to someone after hours, you may call Keith Swartzentruber, Executive Director, on his cell at (309) 360-3101.