Snyder Village is always looking for wonderful people of all ages to lend a helping hand. We always need volunteers to help with bingo, deliver mail, plan and put on birthday parties, pass out linens and ice water, visit with residents, take residents to and from their rooms to the dining area, and much more. A Snyder Village volunteer has the opportunity to impact the lives of our residents. All volunteers are provided with a volunteer handbook and are invited to attend our annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon. You will have the satisfaction of supporting the Snyder Village mission of serving others and the appreciation of the residents at Snyder Village.
*Due to COVID-19 regulations and restrictions, some volunteer opportunities are limited until further notice.
We still have ways in which you can help us here at Snyder Village!
- Event Volunteer – Volunteers are critical to the success of our Annual Benefit Online Auction. We need support in various areas starting mid-August through the end of September. The Auction will run September 11-25. Volunteers are also needed for our Village Market at the Metamora IGA on September 18.
View the available event positions and sign up online:
- Screen Employees – By volunteering, you would help keep our employees and residents healthy. Each volunteer will be trained on the screening process and volunteer shifts are 2-3 hours.
- Gardening/Landscaping – Do you love gardening? We are looking for individuals or groups to help keep our campus beautiful! Help is needed to water flowers or do other landscaping tasks throughout the summer.
- Senior Nutrition Program – Help deliver meals to seniors! Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to residents on the SV campus. Meals are ready for delivery at 11:30 a.m. and the delivery route takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
- Chapel Services – We are excited to begin offering in-person church services once again for the Snyder Village residents in the Health Center and Assisted Living! We are looking for a few ministry members to add to our rotation to lead chapel services for a few dates during the remainder of this year. Would this be something your ministry team would be interested in? Please contact Ashley at (309) 366-4135 for more information on this important service.
Click below for details of volunteer positions (currently restricted):
Volunteers are needed to greet visitors at the Greeter’s Desk in the Health Center on Friday mornings from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. This position requires someone who can give helpful information and be a smiling face to greet guests to the Snyder Village campus.
Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to residents on the Snyder Village campus and a few local Metamora residents. Deliveries are made on Wednesday, Saturday, and/or Sunday afternoons. Meals are ready for delivery at 11:30 a.m. in the Retirement Community Bistro and the delivery route takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
Volunteers are needed for the Hall 4 Bistro in the Health Center during breakfast from 7 – 9 a.m. Volunteers would be trained to take orders, serve meals, and get drinks for residents.
Assisted Living is looking for volunteers to help with some activities.
Do you have a special talent or hobby, or are you part of a group or organization? We are looking for individuals or groups who would be interested in hosting a birthday party for the Health Center residents. Hosting consists of providing some type of entertainment for 20-30 minutes and two cakes.
Volunteers are needed to help push and accompany Health Center residents in wheelchairs on monthly outings and events in the SV Center. We meet a half hour before the posted time at the Central Nurses Station in the Health Center.
Volunteer with us
You can make a difference in the lives of seniors in our area!