Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Bistro Servers – Snyder Village is in need of volunteers to help serve meals to seniors at lunch time (11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) in the Snyder Village Retirement Community Bistro. Volunteers would take individual meal orders and pass drinks. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in our community!
Additional servers are needed for suppertime in the Retirement Community Bistro. Help is needed every weekend from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. This role requires a food handlers’ certificate, and training will be provided from Snyder Village.
Bistro Servers are also needed in the Health Center. Help is needed to serve breakfast in the Hall 4 Bistro from 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Wednesday and Friday mornings, as well as every other weekend.
- Holiday Decorating – The Health Center needs your help to assist with setting up and decorating Christmas trees. We are looking for individuals or small groups of three volunteers to assist. We are also in need of volunteers to put up outdoor Christmas lights across the campus this holiday season. This would be a fun project for families, groups, or individuals to do. We are flexible with arranging times that fit your schedules!
- Senior Nutrition Program – Help deliver meals to seniors! Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to residents on the SV campus. Meals are ready for delivery at 11:30 a.m. and the delivery route takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
- Chapel Services – We are excited to begin offering in-person church services once again for the Snyder Village residents in the Health Center and Assisted Living! We are looking for a few ministry members to add to our rotation to lead chapel services for a few dates during the remainder of this year. Would this be something your ministry team would be interested in? Please contact Ashley at (309) 366-4135 for more information on this important service.
- Visitor Greeter – We are looking for individuals to greet visitors of the Health Center. As a greeter, you would welcome visitors, give them a COVID-19 symptom sheet to fill out, and take their temperature.
Click below for details of volunteer positions (currently restricted):
Volunteers are needed to greet visitors at the Greeter’s Desk in the Health Center on Friday mornings from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. This position requires someone who can give helpful information and be a smiling face to greet guests to the Snyder Village campus.
Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to residents on the Snyder Village campus and a few local Metamora residents. Deliveries are made on Wednesday, Saturday, and/or Sunday afternoons. Meals are ready for delivery at 11:30 a.m. in the Retirement Community Bistro and the delivery route takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
Volunteers are needed for the Hall 4 Bistro in the Health Center during breakfast from 7 – 9 a.m. Volunteers would be trained to take orders, serve meals, and get drinks for residents.
Assisted Living is looking for volunteers to help with some activities.
Do you have a special talent or hobby, or are you part of a group or organization? We are looking for individuals or groups who would be interested in hosting a birthday party for the Health Center residents. Hosting consists of providing some type of entertainment for 20-30 minutes and two cakes.
Volunteers are needed to help push and accompany Health Center residents in wheelchairs on monthly outings and events in the SV Center. We meet a half hour before the posted time at the Central Nurses Station in the Health Center.
Volunteer with us
You can make a difference in the lives of seniors in our area!